We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Specifications Writer for our Seattle office. The ideal candidate is passionate about producing coordinated specifications that seamlessly link to the drawings and appreciates the process of articulating design and quality control through the specification process.
- Develop technical specifications for projects by collaborating with project teams to ensure a seamless flow of information from drawings to specifications
- Develop and integrate sustainable protocols into our specifications by collaborating with our Sustainability Group
- Support construction administration teams to ensure that the design intent is met during construction
- Research new, innovative products and update the firm with important specifications related changes
- Update and maintain master specifications
- Assist in integrating specifications writing with Revit through a third party software such as e-Specs or Visispecs
- Organize lunch and learn presentations for the firm with product representatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or related field
- Minimum five years of specifications writing experience
- The ability to utilize e-Specs or Visispecs as a specifications writing tool is a plus
- Licensed Architect or CCS (Certified Construction Specifier) is a plus
- Understanding of the selection and integration of building systems
- Understanding of public project delivery and requirements
Qualified candidates should submit a PDF including cover letter, resume, and sample portfolio via email to: [email protected].