Bassetti Architects is a vibrant firm of talented and inspired individuals with offices in Seattle and Portland. We design projects that fall under four primary categories: civic, historical, cultural, and most frequently education. We are passionate about fostering healthy learning environments that support the unique emotional needs of students. Our designs focus on sustainability, equity, community, and flexibility. Each building that we design is a unique reflection of the client’s needs, but always incorporates a rigorous community engagement process.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Project Manager for our Seattle office. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 10 years’ experience, is passionate about architecture, has a strong design sensibility, technical abilities, and expertise in designing K-12 facilities.
The Project Manager will be responsible for providing comprehensive leadership and management oversight on multiple medium- and large-scale public works projects. This includes overseeing projects from pre-design through project closeout, consultant coordination, and client, agency, and technical reviews. The Project Manager will work directly with the Principal in Charge on all project facets including business development, contract negotiations, and client relations
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with client and consultants to create, manage, and regularly update the project schedule to ensure that project milestones are met.
- Track the project budget and verify design is aligned with construction cost.
- Manage staffing and review invoices monthly to ensure that fee aligns with project scope.
- Prepare fee proposals and additional services proposals.
- Review contracts and participate in contract negotiation with Principal in Charge.
- Manage the project’s program in combination with the project budget.
- Schedule and facilitate weekly team meetings.
- Schedule and participate in the QA/QC of the project.
- Ensure efficient and cost-effective execution of project.
- Participate to the Owner / Architect meetings and other critical project meetings.
- Manage consultant contracts and performances.
- Manage overall project communication.
- Manage project documentation in collaboration with Project Architect.
- Professionally represent the firm to clients and maintain client satisfaction.
- Oversee Construction Contract Administration process in collaboration with Project Architect.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Architecture.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a range of architectural skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent presentation and marketing skills.
- Must be knowledgeable about contracts and contract negotiation.
- Must have previous experience as Project Architect.
- Knowledge of Revit, Excel, and Smartsheet is preferred.
- Is flexible, a problem-solver, and collaborative.
- Able to manage tasks for several projects running simultaneously.
- LEED certification is desired as well as demonstration of a strong understanding of sustainable design.
- We promote a spirit of inclusion.
- We work together and play together.
- We encourage volunteering among staff members.
- We celebrate innovation.
- We have offices in Seattle and Portland and travel is sometime required.
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits including a 401(k) retirement plan, medical and dental insurance, short and long term disability insurance, life insurance, and an FSA plan.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that supports diversity, equity and inclusion.
Qualified candidates should submit a PDF including a cover letter, resume, and work samples via email to [email protected].