Bishop Blanchet High School is an Archdiocesan Catholic high school built in 1954, with subsequent minor renovations in 1999 and 2004. Bassetti was hired to complete a master plan to help ascertain renovation priorities over the next 15-20 years. Since completing the master plan, phases 1 and 2 have been implemented.
Phase 1 addressed the much needed interior upgrades to the Ernie Rose Activity Center. The Center’s entry is lined with new trophy cases, an elevator, and a stairway that leads to the expanded upper level. The second level houses a new space for modern fitness, renovated locker rooms, and a classroom that can also function as a team meeting room. The upper levels curved bridge walkway opens to the entry below, increasing transparency.
Phase 2 included the transformation of the cafeteria into a larger, more open commons. The expanded commons now has a glass pavilion, which pours sunlight onto the new learning stairs where students eat their lunch. A new faculty dining room/classroom is located next to the commons and new Brave Cafe is furnished with modern food preparation equipment.